The following is an outline of our Dental Assisting Course. As you can see, we have a LOT to accomplish in 10 weeks, so each week is fast paced and action packed.
- DA1001 General Introduction to clinical dentistry. Study dental terminology/equipment, instrument transfer, proper suctioning (HVE, isolation technique), and patient orientation.
- DA1002 Dental Materials: amalgam & composite materials, cements, liners, curing, mixing, sealants.
- DA1003 Radiology in dentistry, x-ray imaging, techniques, safety. Impressions material and technique.
- DA1004 X-ray Quiz, Taking all necessary dental X-rays, upper/lower arch impressions. Intraoral imaging.
- DA1005 MID-TERM EXAM, Impression Quiz, oral surgery set-up, breakdown and suctioning. Sterilization tools, reason and technique. Equipment maintenance (handpiece, suction, sterilizer).
- DA1006 Crown and bridge temporary technique to fabricate and removal. Bite registration and material. CPR certification.
- DA1007 OSHA requirement for dental office. Review other office duties (front desk, appointment, billing, charting, and dental insurance). Final exam review.
- DA1008 Orthodontic, endodontic, pediatric skills, periodontics. Hands on operatory procedures. Job interview skills.
- DA 1009 FINAL EXAM and practical exam. The final is written exam, x-ray practice, and clinical practical. Graduation and awarding and certificates.
- DA1010 Clinical assisting day with dentist and patients.
|Title||Course Name||Lecture Hours||Lab Hours||Clinic Hours||Total Hours|
|DA 1001||Intro to Dental Assisting and Dental Terminology – Tooth Terminology||4||4||8|
|DA 1002||Dental Materials||4||4||8|
|DA 1003||Radiology/Impression Theory||4||4||8|
|DA 1004||Impression/Radiology Clinic – Intraoral Pictures and X-ray Quiz||2||4||2||8|
|DA 1005||Midterm Exam and Oral Surgery and Sterilization||4||4||8|
|DA 1006||Temporary Crown and bridge/CPR certification||4||4||8|
|DA 1007||OSHA and Dental Office Duties||4||4||8|
|DA 1008||Endodontic – orthodontic – pediatric. Hands on dentistry. Interview prep||4||4||8|
|DA 1009||Final Exam written – x-ray/clinical practical||8||8|
|DA 1010||Assist dentist with patients||8||8|